New Horizons Southern California is committed to help our students in all aspects of career training.
Click on the headers below to learn more:
Let us assist you in discovering the ideal career path
- Contact us for a free career assessment and counseling. We'll help you design a path to career success.
- There are a lot of choices in careers in IT ranging from help desk support to very specialized careers in information security, database administration, and many more.
- Our career counselors are here to assist you in exploring the possibilities.
- We can help assess your current skill level and help you determine the best place to start your training.
Let New Horizons help you find funding for your training
We can help you navigate the variety of funding sources available, including programs for Veterans, Military Spouses, Post-911 GI Bill, Student Loans and the Workforce Investment Act (WIA).
Need Money for Education?
The Economic Stimulus package has devoted $53 billion to education and training - which means you may be able to get the training you need for a new career. If you are unemployed, underemployed, or are a dislocated or laid off worker, you may be eligible for government funding.
Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Contact us to see if you are eligible for job retraining under the Workforce Investment Act.
Military Spouses and MyCAA Program
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) employment assistance program for military spouses of active duty service members.
The DoD is committed to helping military spouses find employment in high-demand, high-growth Portable Career fields. New Horizons Southern California can help. It is a proven fact that the more training and education job seekers have, the more likely they are to get better jobs at higher salaries.
Contact us for availability of other funding sources for career training.
Learn from the best in the business
New Horizons Southern California prides itself on the quality of our certified and engaging trainers and our superior training curriculum.
- For Microsoft Technical courses, we use only Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC)
- Our instructors are certified in the topics they teach
- Our courseware provides extensive hands-on practice to solidify concepts taught in class
- New Horizons partners with Cisco, Citrix, CompTIA, Microsoft and many other top IT software vendors
- Our instructors are rated among the highest of all instructors across the world according to Metrics that Matter course delivery evaluations
- All Microsoft courses are taught by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT)
Not Everyone Learns the Same Way or Has the Same Schedule
At New Horizons Southern California we understand that everyone is different. That is why we have developed innovative learning methods that fit your individual learning style and busy schedule.
Some computer training providers or colleges offer only classroom training while others offer only online learning. New Horizons Southern California offers a fully integrated learning solution.
Traditional Classroom Learning
Learn the traditional way, in our classroom with one of our outstanding instructors.
Connected Classroom Seminars
Succeed at your own pace with one-on-one mentoring, a flexible schedule and targeted content.
Combine the benefits of the classroom with the convenience of the Internet for a live eLearning experience with our "classroom on the web."
Learn at your convenience and your own pace with our online, self-led training.
Our Job is to Help You Start Your Career
- Career Placement Assistance is critical for any job search in today's job market. It is our goal to help you find a job in Information Technology while you are enrolled in the program.
- The quick jump start on your career will give you the edge over the thousands of candidates looking for the same jobs.
- To learn more about our Career Development Program, call 888-825-6684 or visit our Job Placement page.
Earn College Credit while you train
- Earn college credit while you train
- Apply New Horizons credits to a degree
- Use tuition reimbursement funds you have earned
- Get training that will help you advance your present career
- Prepare for new career possibilities
- Military Tuition Assistance
Active Duty Military and Reserves personnel are able to utilize their Tuition Assistance and/or GI Bill Top-up to attend training with participating New Horizons locations to gain valuable Information Technology Certification Training and earn transferable college credits.
- Corporate Tuition Assistance and Reimbursement
If you work for a corporation that provides tuition assistance, but only through accredited schools, our partnership can provide you with greater options.
- Apply College Credit to Your Degree
Contact your college or university to see if these courses can be used to complete your degree.
Practice what we teach
When you train for a career in IT, it is important to be able to practice the concepts you are learning in class. With our practice labs and mentored learning training, you will receive valuable hands-on learning.
Take your certification exams at New Horizons
When you're ready to take your certification exams, take them in our state-of-the art testing facilities. We are an authorized testing vendor for Prometric, Pearson Vue and Certiport.
Take most major vendor exams, including Microsoft and CompTIA certification exams
Exams offered for most major IT vendors, including CompTIA, Cisco and Citrix
Take your Microsoft Office, Adobe and IC3 Exams through Certiport