B. To Check Configuration for OLL:
Note: To test the suitability of your Internet connection for Online Live, click here.
- Navigate your web browser to: https://lms.nhcms.net/
- Enter the email address at which you receive communications from New Horizons (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org). If this is your first time using OLL, your password will be:
P@ssw0rd. If this is not your first time using OLL, you may have changed your password prior to this course. If you can no longer remember
your new password, please click here to request a password reset.
Tip: In the password, the "0" is a zero.
- The first screen will list any Instructor-Led Classes in which you are currently enrolled, including the dates and times during which your OLL session will be available. Locate the class you are scheduled to attend, and select the link for the class name.
Tip: From this screen, you can also: edit your profile; search for classes; learn about our training programs; and find contact info for our OLL Help Desk.
Tip: If the site does not automatically direct to your OLL enrollments, find your name in the upper right hand corner of the page and click on it. Then click on "Current training."
- Find the box labeled "Software Check." If you see an "Alert" sign, follow the prompts to install Java. If you see a green check mark, continue to the link that reads "Click Here to enter the Configuration Room."
Tip: The Configuration Room is NOT the same as your actual classroom. It is set up ONLY so that you can test your connection. On the class day itself, you will click the large blue button that reads "Launch Class," instead.
- The Adobe Connect classroom will open in a separate window, and the Configuration Room will appear shortly thereafter. Look for your name in the "Participants" window, and then follow the on-screen instructions to configure your Audio Settings correctly. Once you have finished the Audio Configuration, close the Adobe Connect window and return to the Online LIVE webpage to log out.
Tip: FOR MAC USERS ONLY -- The headset that you received for this course is only partially compatible. The headphone (audio out) will work, but due to the fact that the Mic plug is incompatible with the Mac's Mic/Line-in port, you will not be able to use the microphone portion of the headset. So, plug the Black plug into the Mac's audio-in jack, but do NOT plug the Red mic plug into the Mac at all. Please leave it out. All recent Macs (desktops and laptops) have an excellent audio system with built-in microphone and speakers. When you do the Configuration Check and perform the Audio Setup Wizard, select the Mac's internal microphone. For further assistance with Mac-related questions, please contact our Mac OS support here.